So, what does this mean for you as a business owner?
If you employ staff under a Modern Award listed in Group 3, their wage will increase by 1.75% from the first full pay period on or after, 1 February 2021.
Some of the awards affected include:
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2020 MA000080
- Commercial Sales Award 2020 MA000083
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry Industry Award 2020 MA000096
- Fast Food Industry Award 2010 MA000003
- Fitness Industry Award 2010 MA000094
- General Retail Industry Award 2010 MA000004
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010 MA000005
- Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020 MA000009
- Live Performance Award 2010 MA000081
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010 MA000058
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020 MA000119
- Vehicle Repair, Services and Retail Award 2020 MA000089
- Wine Industry Award 2010 MA00009
For more information, including a full list of the Awards in Group 3, as-well-as the new rates, visit the Fair Work Commission website. New rates will be published shortly.
Do you need some HR help with Awards and pay rates? Get in touch with Lisa at email@example.com or Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (07) 46383599.