- An interview should be a voyage of discovery rather than a fact-finding mission. You should already have a handle on their general skill set. Now, you want to determine whether or not they are a good fit and for them to provide more detail about specific skills.
- Ask them for practical examples. For example, if you are hiring for a digital marketing role, ask them about projects they have worked on. This will help to confirm they can fulfill the requirements of the role and meet your expectations.
- Question them about their aspirations. What are they looking for? Is this a stepping stone in their career or somewhere they want to stay long term? Depending on the role and your business, will depend on what is the best fit.
- Get an understanding of where they are in their life. What is important to them? Is it dollars, flexibility or something else? And does that fit with your expectations and culture?
- Ask them about their life outside of work. Do they have any hobbies or passions? Consider how this aligns with the culture of your business.
Remember, it’s important to be transparent during the interview process. Be realistic about what you and the candidate expects.
Do you need some help with strengthening your recruitment process? Contact Joy on (07) 4638 3599.