Our client is a manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications, and is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry.
Due to a number of successful tenders, we are now looking for Site Co-Ordinators to work with the Project Managers on these new projects.
You will be responsible for supporting the Project Managers and your key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with the sub-contractor’s WHS representatives to ensure compliance with the approved WHS management plan;
- Understanding and adherence to the occupational health and safety legislation, standards and company processes;
- Understanding & interpreting the requirement and details of the contract engineering drawings and specifications;
- Monitoring the quality and construction of the work according to the approved designs and Inspection Test Plans (ITP’s);
- Examining (measuring, testing) the work to the detail requirements to ensure contract compliance;
- Keeping accurate and completed documentation of work performed;
- Reporting non-compliances;
- Monitoring the construction site for quality assurance, tracking and reporting on the status of inspection activities and maintain daily records of activities completed;
- Monitoring the construction site for general progress and providing program status updates;
- Ensuring customer and subcontractor relations are developed and maintained;
- Providing support for investigations of non-conformances and responses to onsite customer representatives;
- Supporting final site commissioning activities in accordance with established procedures;
- Other project support duties as required;
- Ensuring that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct; and
- Adhering to all environmental, health and safety rules and company policies.
- Knowledge occupational health and safety for construction environments;
- Ability to implement strong and consistent standards;
- Ability to function successfully both within a team environment as well as with independently with little supervision;
- Self-motivated with organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Experience with any utility scale renewable energy construction projects beneficial.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis is beneficial;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire for innovative thinking and continuous learning;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Office;
- Analytic and reporting skills; and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally with staff, management, clients, community and other stakeholders.
- This role will be required to be based at the relevant project site.
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work outside normal daytime hours of 8am to 5:00pm (plus nights and weekends)
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
On offer is an attractive salary; great career development opportunities and generous employment conditions
For a confidential discussion, contact Joy Mingay at Classic Recruitment via email or phone the office on (07) 4638 3599