About the company
Boss Constructions (QLD) Pty Ltd is a well-known Toowoomba construction company, led by Mark Merchant, who pride themselves on working to ensure positive outcomes for all stakeholders in their building project.
“My company’s growth is relative to the satisfaction of my clients. Boss Constructions is built on recommendations, simple as that!” says Mark Merchant.
Boss services include:
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Design & Construction Proposals
- Feasibility & Budget Estimates
They have a diverse range of projects across the Commercial, Industrial and Education Sectors and are now seeking to take on a new Project Manager/Site Manager.
This established construction firm places a strong emphasis on team culture and endeavours to balance the work/life of their staff. They are looking for a dedicated Estimator who wants to take on a challenge and play a key role in their business.
The role requires you to operate in a tightly knit environment while working alongside the owner.
With a diverse range of projects, predominantly in the commercial sector, this is a terrific role offering you the opportunity to learn and develop and have a long-term career. You will be mentored by an extremely experienced Estimator.
Key responsibilities of the Project Manager
- Monitor project progress and scope to ensure the project time and cost targets are met and reported to all relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee and supervise field personnel and subcontractors.
- Successful organisation and the delivery of projects to schedule.
- Management of project budgets.
- Be accountable for site-related activity.
- Compliance with all health, safety and environment policies and procedures.
- Actively promote and practice safe working practices.
- Conducting field compliance audits.
- Ensure all operational and support resources are adequate and available for planned works.
- Organise all project procurement and ensure compliance with company policies.
Skills and Experience requirements
- At least 2 years of commercial construction projects estimating experience (Desirable)
- Experience in Bizprac software (Desirable but not essential)
- Must be QBCC Site Supervisor licenced
- Strong Excel skills
- Passion for construction
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ambitious and hungry to develop
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with a dynamic, can-do attitude
Boss Construction offers:
- A permanent, full-time role
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive team environment
- Fuel Card, uniform shirts, telephone
Applications close Sunday 1 March 2020. Apply now via Seek.
For a confidential discussion, call Lisa Lee, Human Resources Manager, Classic Recruitment and Human Resources