- Play a key role in an established successful organisation
- Progressive and diverse business
- Excellent conditions
Our client is an Australian-owned company, who genuinely pride themselves on their reputation as a solution driven, client focussed organisation where the best people want to work. Their core business is the construction of electrical infrastructure, complex telecommunications projects, network operation & maintenance coupled with engineering design services. Head office is situated in the beautiful country town of Toowoomba with projects running throughout regional QLD and NSW.
This role is a diverse one! Reporting to the General Manager, you will oversee all operational activities ensuring that objectives are met, all company and client policies, processes and protocols are being adhered to and implemented. This is a fabulous opportunity to bring your operations knowledge, electrical sector capability and passion for turning data into decisions together.
Due to the nature of this busy and demanding role, it is essential that applicants possess a proven background as a licensed Electrical tradesman with an ability to hit the ground running taking fully ownership for this busy team.
The Successful Candidate
You will be a well-rounded team player, possess a robust and pragmatic personality style while also being able to manage competing priorities successfully. This role is all about the right attitude and hard work. It is hands-on; to be successful, you won’t be shy about getting down in the weeds! Personally, you will be adept at managing competing priorities, have strong attention to detail and genuinely enjoy the complexities of a high performing organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Developing and executing project strategies
- Reporting on resource and asset utilisation
- Managing key client stakeholder relationships
- Manage the operational schedule to ensure achievement of utilisation KPI’s
- Assist with the formulation of operational budgets and forecasts
- Oversee the Information Management System (our client is ISO certified)
- Proactively contribute to the high performing people culture
- Promote and drive the company safety culture
The Skills You Will Need:
You will possess a high level of organisation and pride yourself on your analytical mind and ability to problem solve. You will also sincerely believe that your people are your best asset.
- Tertiary qualifications or experience in one of the following:
- Operations/Project/Contract Management
- Solid experience as a Manager/Leader
- Strong budgeting, financial management and data analysis skills
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
- Strong knowledge of the Electrical Industry
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Electrical Industry Management experience (preferably Infrastructure)
- Current Queensland C Class Licence
- Current Queensland Electrical Licence
- Related work Experience of 10+ years
Microsoft software skills including Word, Excel (Advanced) and Outlook are a must.
In return you will secure:
- a permanent, full time role
- Monday to Friday work week is typical
- The opportunity for some site travel (typically just a night or two away)
- attractive remuneration opportunity plus a fully maintained vehicle and tools of trade
- continuing professional development and support in a professional and team-oriented environment
A Role Description is available – for a confidential discussion, contact Lisa Lee at Classic Recruitment on 0412 082 056 or email [email protected].
Click on the Seek link to apply and send through your cover letter and resume.
Preliminary interviews will be held in person at the Classic offices in Toowoomba or via Skype/similar.
While an immediate start is available, our client is also willing to wait for the right candidate.
Classic Recruitment & Human Resources is a boutique company specialising in human resource and recruitment solutions. Based in Toowoomba and working across regional, rural and metropolitan areas, we support candidates and clients to find the *right fit*.
- Equality | We embrace diversity. Like Classic, our clients are equal opportunity employers.
- Sincerity | We support clients and candidates to harness their strengths, providing honest advice and practical solutions.
- Encouragement | We support clients and candidates to be confident and to achieve their goals.
- Integrity | We inspire our clients and candidates to follow best practice and to do the *right thing*.
- Ageless – We welcome applications from all age groups, ageism doesn’t exist at Classic!
We welcome ongoing expressions of interest from job seekers. If you are looking for a role and don’t feel this is the right one for you, click here to visit our website and register as a Classic candidate.