We are seeking a Senior Medical Receptionist to join our client’s busy practice in Toowoomba. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to work alongside a dynamic team and be a part of a practice that prides itself on offering patients a more personal approach to their health needs. On offer is a permanent, full-time role and a supportive environment.
About the business:
Located in East Toowoomba, our client’s practice consists of eight General Practitioners and three Allied Health Professionals, plus a dedicated administration team. Together, they are genuinely committed to providing the best medical services to their patients.
About the role:
The Senior Medical Receptionist will play a pivotal role overseeing reception duties within the fast-paced practice.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Monday to Friday (no weekend work is generally required).
- 38 hours per week.
- Supporting the day-to-day running of the practice, including scheduling patient appointments, meeting and greeting, assisting with enquiries, patient triage and more.
- Patient receipting and billing, and cash collection.
- Ensuring all reception tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Upholding a high level of communication between reception, Doctors and Allied Health Professionals.
- Supporting filing, scanning, data entry and other general secretarial duties.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Managing a team.
Skills and experience
- To be considered for this role, you MUST have a minimum of three years of experience in a medical receptionist role.
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration (medical) or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of Best Practice Medical Software
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
- A sound understanding of medical terminology.
- First Aid and CPR qualifications. If you do not currently have this, you must be willing to obtain it if successful.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills coupled with a kind, caring, and empathetic nature.
- A high level of attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- Reliable, organised and able to prioritise and multitask.
- Well-spoken, excellent self-presentation and confident talking with a broad range of people.
- Works well in a range of situations, including those involving a sense of urgency.
How to apply