Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following;
- Provide landscape planning and architecture advice and assistance to planners involved in the preparation of reports, policies, codes and planning scheme provisions.
- Provide advice to the Development Assessment Branch and the development industry on streetscapes, open space landscape/embellishment plans, general landscape and City/Regional image issues.
- Assess landscape and landscape architecture issues associated with development applications and drafting of conditions of development approval.
- Provide advice regarding requirement for provision of open space associated with development applications.
- Assess landscape plans for approvals associated with land use approvals.
- Provide assistance and guidance to Development Compliance officers, inspectors.
Requirements and experience for this role include the following but not limited to;
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or similar qualifications from a recognised University
- Client may also consider candidates who hold a Cert IV Horticulture and have experience in landscape design
- Possession of a current “C” Class Driver’s Licence
- Relevant experience in landscape architectural work environments.
- Desirable for a candidate to have a background in master planning
- Desirable for the candidate to have experience with photoshop, InDesign and AutoCAD
- Ability to provide specialist landscape architectural advice and assessment, and become familiar with relevant procedures, policies and activities within a short period of time.
- Undertake inspections and make recommendations based on statutory obligations and determine appropriate action to achieve compliance.
- Excellent level of oral, written and illustrative communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide accurate timely advice in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of relevant computer applications.
- Ability to become familiar with statutory and policy requirements relevant to the work area within a short period of time.
- The ability to ensure work is performed to meet safety legislative requirements and responsibilities of Council. This includes complying with all workplace instructions and procedures, using protective equipment provided and not placing any other person at risk by your actions.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
For a confidential discussion, contact Zelina at Classic Recruitment on (07) 4638 3599 or email [email protected].