Our client, the well-known Kerwick’s Earthworks www.kerwicksearthworks.com.au, is an independent, family-owned Queensland business based in Miles, a bustling regional town of 1,600 people, located 3.5 hrs west of Brisbane or 2.25 hrs west of Toowoomba.
Kerwick’s Earthworks provide an extensive range of services in Domestic, Industrial, Commercial and Mining Industries.
Due to an expansion in the business, we are looking for an experienced, trade qualified, highly motivated and skilled individual to join our team as a Heavy Equipment Diesel Fitter/Mechanic in the field.
This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and work within an environment that encourages you to learn and improve on current procedures.
What You Need to Be Considered!
- Diesel Fitter Trade Qualification is a must
- Capability to navigate OEM manuals to order parts and access procedures
- Field Service and Component Rebuild experience
- Experience in servicing the following construction machinery excavators, loaders, backhoe, bobcats, grader and rollers, body trucks and side tippers, prime movers and a low loader
- Excellent diagnostic skills essential
- Solid understanding of machine setup, service and repair processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High level of communication and negotiation skills
- High level of customer service/ good telephone manner
- Ability to effectively manage and measure work load
- Strong commitment to safety
What’s On Offer!
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Fully maintained vehicle
- Fuel card
- Mobile phone
You will report directly to the Service Manager and work with the Service Team whilst maintaining a “can do”, professional attitude and building a strong rapport with customers.
Others would describe you as being an excellent communicator with high attention to detail and as someone who feels comfortable working autonomously, while also having a sense of humour and the ability to operate well within a small team environment.
This is a full time role offering a great salary based on a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation, with availability for an immediate start (or notice period as required).
How to apply
Complete your details and upload your resume via Seek.
For a confidential discussion, please call (07) 4638 3599.