- Lead this established organisation to the next level
- Fabulous opportunity for a senior administrator to take their career to the next level
- Toowoomba based organisation undergoing growth, structural and cultural change
The General Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the strategies that enable the organisation to achieve its business growth aspirations expanding into new sectors.
Effective leadership and management of both physical assets and human resources are key accountabilities.
Key elements of the role include:
- Leadership and development of this dynamic organisation to ensure it continues to provide established and new service offerings
- Leading, developing and train a diverse team of employees to achieve organisational goals
- Building and maintaining positive ongoing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Development of the marketing plans ensuring their integration with the established marketing strategy
- Ensuring the financial viability of the organisation; manage budget processes, provide recommendations to the Board for financial options, proactively monitor key financial indicators and review accounts regularly
- Communicate constructively with the Board of Management, participate and present to the Board at monthly Board meetings
This is a hands-on role, leading a mid-sized team of experienced personnel.
The General Manager works with a diverse board that is representative of all parts of the industry and excellent stakeholder management is central to success.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager with excellent financial literacy skills capable of managing budgets, pulling together business cases and proactively sourcing new opportunities.
A background in training and education would be of particular interest. You may have worked in industry associations or at a General Management level in the education or community sectors. You will ideally have proven business management skills of at least two years, outstanding communication, a pragmatic hands on style and people leadership skills.
Tertiary qualifications are well regarded.
This is a special place to work. A base salary upwards of $80k per annum, plus Superannuation and continuing professional development opportunities are on offer.
Please apply online via Seek. Don’t forget a cover letter!
The successful candidate will ideally commence mid to late July 2019