- Play a key role in an established Agricultural, Construction and Truck dealership group
- Progressive and diverse business
- Excellent conditions
Our client is an Australian-owned company, founded in 2008, who pride themselves on maintaining and building authentic customer relationships, being involved in local communities and being an employer where the best people want to work. Their core business is the sales and service of agricultural and construction machinery and trucks. Head office is situated in the beautiful country town of Toowoomba with dealerships throughout regional QLD and NSW.
This role is a diverse one! Reporting to the Group General Manager & Chief Financial Officer, you will manage the day-to-day finance functions, the Shared Services team and complete complex and detailed number crunching. This is a fabulous opportunity to bring your knowledge of vehicle dealerships and passion for figures together.
Due to the nature of this busy and demanding role, it is essential that applicants possess a proven background as an Automotive, Agricultural or Truck Dealership Accountant or Assistant Accountant with an ability to hit the ground running taking fully ownership for this busy team.
The Successful Candidate
You will be a well-rounded team player, possess a robust and pragmatic personality style while also being able to manage competing priorities successfully. This role is all about the right attitude and hard work. It is hands-on; to be successful, you won’t be shy about getting down in the weeds! Personally, you will be adept at managing competing priorities, have strong attention to detail and genuinely enjoy the complexities of a high performing dealership.
What you will be doing:
- Management reporting, management of the company’s floor plan finance, Manufacturer/Franchisor reporting
- Month end reporting, financial year reporting and audits completion
- Ensure all ledgers, sub-ledgers and balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- Cash flow management; cashflow reporting and forecasting
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Statutory legal and regulatory compliance including GST, Taxation, Superannuation and Payroll Tax
- Assist with preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
- Management of small shared services team (< 5 employees)
The Skills You Will Need:
You will possess a high level of organisation and pride yourself on your analytical mind and ability to problem solve.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) or similar
- Minimum of 3 years’ automotive dealership experience
- CPA or CA registration (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Second to none Excel skills
- Auto IT DMS software experience (highly regarded)
- Superior time management skills
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen
Microsoft software skills including Word, Excel (Advanced) and Outlook are a must.
In return you will secure:
- a permanent, full time role
- Monday to Friday work week is typical
- opportunity for flexible hours
- attractive remuneration opportunity
- continuing professional development and support in a professional and team-oriented environment
Click on the Seek link to apply now and send through your details/resume. While an immediate start is available, our client is also willing to wait for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion, contact Lisa Lee at Classic Recruitment on 0412 082 056 or email her via [email protected]. Preliminary interviews will be held in person at the Classic offices in Toowoomba or via Skype/similar.
Classic Recruitment & Human Resources is a boutique company specialising in human resource and recruitment solutions. Based in Toowoomba and working across regional, rural and metropolitan areas, we support candidates and clients to find the *right fit*.
- Equality | We embrace diversity. Like Classic, our clients are equal opportunity employers.
- Sincerity | We support clients and candidates to harness their strengths, providing honest advice and practical solutions.
- Encouragement | We support clients and candidates to be confident and to achieve their goals.
- Integrity | We inspire our clients and candidates to follow best practice and to do the *right thing*.
- Ageless – We welcome applications from all age groups, ageism doesn’t exist at Classic!
We welcome ongoing expressions of interest from job seekers. If you are looking for a role and don’t feel this is the right one for you, visit our website www.classicrecruitment.net.au and register as a Classic candidate.