With less than a few weeks until Christmas arrives, many workplaces have organised their end of year functions. Let’s face it, it’s a great opportunity to recognise everyone’s hard work and to celebrate team achievements.
But sometimes with festive fun, inappropriate behaviour can follow. So, what steps can your business take to help minimise the risk of a ‘legal hangover’?
Our HR Manager, Lisa has some tips to consider:
- Set a clear function start and finish time.
- Ensure your venue/caterer adheres to the responsible service of alcohol.
- Make sure non-alcoholic drinks are also available, in addition to food.
- Plan to send an email reminder to all staff on the day of the function reminding them of their expected behaviour.
- Nominate someone to be responsible for monitoring employee behaviour and oversee the responsible service of alcohol.
Need some HR help? Contact Lisa on (07) 4638 3599 or fill in our online form for a free, one-hour, no-obligation HR business consultation.