- Technical experience is required.
- DBA experience is highly desirable.
Use of customer and people service skills to;
- Maintain the operations of Server (both virtual and physical) and SAN environments including associated hardware peripherals. This includes implementation and administration of Domain Services, Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Maintain the integrity of all system data, incorporating systems backups and recovery, business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Ensure the successful implementation, upgrading and installation of server operating systems and hardware components in accordance with ITIL processes.
- Manage, co-ordinate and resolve software and hardware related problems, liaise with external services providers for the provision of services, and ensure relevant information is conveyed to the appropriate users.
- Document, maintain and review technical infrastructure and support procedure manuals.
- Provide efficient and courteous customer service to customers.
- Promote effective and efficient communication within the unit and work both autonomously and in a team environment.
Use of organisational skills to:
- Organise individual workload to ensure quality, responsive and appropriate client services.
- Administer stock levels of equipment, consumables & general peripheral hardware.
- Maintain accurate asset records of computers and peripherals, mobile devices and software distributed to staff, service centres and in store.
- Responsible for closing all service desk tickets, ensuring ticket metadata is accurately and appropriately completed by the responsible technician.
Use of technical skills to:
- Utilising IT knowledge to receive and handle requests for first level technical support following agreed procedures by logging problems, requests and questions.
- Troubleshoot and triage systems and peripheral incidents and problems.
Someone suitability for this position will need to have experience, application, achievement, and potential in the following critical competencies as they link to the key responsibilities for this position.
- Microsoft and/or VMWare certification and at least two years’ experience administrating enterprise SAN/Server platforms with specific skills and knowledge in the operation of Microsoft Domains in a dispersed network environment.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities for identifying, defining and solving technical and operational problems in an information technology support environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategies for maintaining Server and SAN technical infrastructure as well demonstrated ability to plan for upgrade paths of these systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to perform computer and peripheral troubleshooting
A person in this position will need to hold a relevant certificate in an IT related field, OR be able to demonstrate equivalent related experience. It is also highly desirable for the successful candidate to have an ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate and have at a least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong SAN and VMware Skills; ESXi (5 and newer), vCenter and VMWare Data Recovery
- Strong skills in Microsoft Domain Services (DNS, DHCP, DFS, AD, Group Policy)
- Server operating systems and applications; Windows Server 2008/2012
- Storage hardware and management tools (NetApp)
- Data management techniques and technologies; Windows SQL Server 2008R2, 2012
- Experience in application servers, including: IIS, SQL, SCCM, CommVault, SharePoint, Exchange and file and print services will be highly regarded.
What You Need To Do Now