Senior Civil Design Officer
Fantastic opportunity for a Senior Civil Design Officer to work for an organisation that focuses on continuous improvement and promotes innovation at all levels through challenging the status quo to discover new and better ways of doing things.
– Permanent, Full-Time Opportunity in Dalby
– Career Opportunity with Western Downs Regional Council
– Attractive Salary & Conditions
The main responsibilities of your new role will be:
– assist the Design Coordinator in the design and documentation of civil works
– provide civil design expertise to deliver cost effective detailed civil design services for local government civil projects, surveying, drafting and estimating
– lead a small team and to coordinate the activities and providing mentoring to the team
– act as an integral part of the design team and share knowledge across the team and to strive for continuous process improvement
– interact with Project Managers throughout the project life cycle, to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved
What you’ll need to succeed
A person in this position will need to hold a relevant qualification which may include a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering/ Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering/Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or in a related field, OR be able to demonstrate equivalent related experience.
It is also highly desirable for the successful candidate to have a thorough knowledge of applicable design standards for road and drainage, and local government engineering practices and legislation.
• Experience in providing a high level of technical guidance and mentoring to team
• High level interpersonal skills that communicate with staff and stakeholders, resolves conflict, builds relationships and clearly and concisely
communicates objectives and requirements
• High level of computer skills, particularly in relation to engineering programs such as Autocad, Drains and 12d.
• Stormwater design and relevant drainage design programs, i.e. Drains
• Sound knowledge of computer spreadsheet programs and estimating procedures.
• The ability to prepare plans for construction of civil works projects with limited supervision.
• The ability to carry out engineering surveys and set-out for construction without supervision, desirable.
• The ability to prepare an accurate Bill of Quantities and estimates from detailed drawings without supervision.
• Statutory requirements in relation to civil engineering.
• Road design criteria, Austroads, Main Roads, MUTCD and Australian standards.
• High level of interpersonal skills to communicate with staff and stakeholders at all levels, builds relationships and clearly communicate
objectives and requirements
What you’ll get in return
In return for your hard work you will have a secure, permanent role in a fantastic organisation with a 19 day working month.
Relocation costs are available for the successful candidate if they are open to moving out closer to this organisation.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Joy Mingay now on 07 4638 3599.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.