Do you have a tertiary qualification in Food Science, Quality or similar discipline? Do you have experience with manufacturing and processing quality management? Are you looking for part-time hours in the Toowoomba area?
We are working with a well-known Australian feed and Agri-products manufacturer, to fill a part-time QA Assistant role in their Toowoomba manufacturing facility. This is a critical role, supporting the Operations Manager to ensure all quality assurance aspects of the business are coordinated according to established standards. As a new role, it is initially available on a part-time basis. It is hands-on, diverse and an immediate start is available (ideally by the end of January 2019).
About the Role
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Conduct daily scale calibration.
- Conduct pre-start line checks, ensure all production quality documentation are completed and accurate.
- Complete quality checks and register incoming goods including packaging to ensure quality and traceability.
- Register, store and assess retention samples.
- Conduct ingredients/product testing as required.
- Conduct toolbox checks, collect excess items, note and report missing items.
- Conduct GMP & hard plastic audit as scheduled. Notify site management of any non‑compliances and assist with corrective actions.
- Assist with customer complaint investigation.
- Raise non-conformances and investigate where applicable.
- Assist with quality system internal audit.
- Check stock rotation and identify old stocks and spills. Notify Logistic Coordinator where it is found that the FIFO principles aren’t followed.
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks such as data input.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Food Science, Quality or similar discipline and experience in a similar role with exposure to manufacturing and processing Quality Management.
- Experience in production line quality control with good understanding of GMP & HACCP.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills are essential.
- Candidates should also have high attention to detail, be able to follow instructions and work well with others within a tight-knit team environment.
- Be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, often demanding environment.
- Pride in your attention to detail.
- A good understanding of MS Office; Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Good general computer skills.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Permanent, part-time position commencing at 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 7am to 11am each day.
- Parking provided on site.
- Opportunities for ongoing training and development.
The responsibilities for this role have been classified at Level 4 of the Clerks Private Sector Award.
How to Apply
Apply now via Seek and upload your resume.