Our client, Marcelford Meats, is an innovative, family owned, meat processing company based in Yamanto (adjacent to the Ipswich Regional Abattoir).
This is a new role, reporting to the Owners and Directors.
It leads the finance team of three who are responsible for completing the day to day A/R and A/P tasks. The Office Manager/Accountant will also be responsible for supporting the Owners & Directors in the financial management of the company by providing timely and accurate information, advice and highlighting any irregularities.
An overview of the role responsibilities are as follows:
- Supervise the processing of all accounts, AP, AR and manage debtor chase-ups proactively
- Manage the plant & equipment insurance portfolio
- Processing of payroll for 30 employees and coordinate rosters/shifts (day, afternoon & evening)
- Produce timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements, attend meetings and report on financial activity
- Analyse financial results and collaborate with Owners/Directors to implement corrective actions to address any irregularities
- Manage asset portfolio including registrations of all vehicles
- Warehouse/stores management
- Coordination of web site development, Facebook presence, LinkedIn
- WHS & HR documentation, policies, procedures and systems
As the organisation is an SME the Office Manager/Accountant role requires someone who is adaptable and works well within a changing environment and is comfortable assisting with all tasks as required. The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter who isn’t scared to roll up their sleeves and ‘get stuck in’.
To be considered for the role you will possess a pro-active approach with the ability to build and nurture relationships. The ability to work to deadlines with excellent organisational skills, a high attention to detail and a positive attitude to seek and develop solutions are all required attributes.
You will ideally possess tertiary qualifications in accounting/finance. Knowledge of QuickBooks and well developed Excel skills will be highly regarded.
The position is a permanent, full-time capacity however, the owners have also said they will consider an applicant who wishes to combine work with part time study.
The successful candidate will be based at the company office located in Berry Street, Yamanto (adjacent to the Ipswich Regional Abattoir).
Marcelford Meats offers:
- A flexible family friendly work environment
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive team environment
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted/notified.
Applications close on Tuesday 3 November 2015.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Classic Recruitment.