Our client, Hutchinson Builders, is seeking a Junior Project Manager for their Toowoomba office. This is a new role, reporting to a Senior Project Manager or the Construction Manager. This exciting opportunity will ideally suit a proactive candidate with significant Construction industry experience who is looking for the next step in their career.
Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- ensure the successful delivery & management of each assigned project by directing, coordinating, implementing, executing, controlling and completing these to a high quality standard as per the established Management Systems
- ensure Health, Safety, Quality and Environment (HSQE) practices and outcomes are maintained throughout all phases of projects; ensuring good HSQE governance is maintained
- ensure record keeping and timely management of all financial aspects for each allocated project
proactively manage the Construction process to ensure quality construction standards and the practice of proper construction techniques are used by on-site employees and subcontractors
- ensure management of resources, budget, timelines and stakeholders in accordance with established Management Systems
- manage project reporting to ensure progress as per the agreed plan, ensure problems and solutions are addressed in association with project variations and interventions
- oversee contract administration and governance of all subcontractors and suppliers is conducted in accordance with the HSQE Management Systems
- encourage and ensure the company’s continuous improvement system and culture is constantly evolving
This role requires a savvy negotiator who is adaptable and works well within a changing environment. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional relationship and negotiation skills. They will also be comfortable assisting with all tasks as required, sometimes these will be outside of the generally accepted role of a Project Manager.
The successful candidate will be a confident individual with plenty of initiative who isn’t afraid to work hard, roll up their sleeves and ‘get stuck in’.
To be considered for the role you will possess a driving personality with the ability to build and manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders. The ability to work to deadlines with excellent organisational skills, a high attention to detail and a positive attitude to seek and develop solutions are all required attributes.
To be considered for the role, it is essential candidates have a working knowledge of the construction industry, ideally have proven experience as a Contracts Administrator and have completed a Bachelor of Construction.
The position is a permanent, full-time capacity. It is expected the successful applicant will relocate/live in the local Toowoomba and surrounds region.
Hutchinson Builders offers:
- A competitive remuneration package
- A supportive team environment
- Employee Assistance Program
For a confidential discussion, contact Lisa Lee at Classic Recruitment on 07 4638 3599.
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted/notified.
Applications close Monday 21 December 2015 with interviews to be scheduled for the week commencing 11 January 2016.