Our client, JRS Manufacturing Group, a Toowoomba based company who manufactures heavy plate projects for businesses across South East Queensland and the Western Corridor, is seeking an Industrial Painter Sandblaster .
This exciting opportunity will ideally suit a proactive candidate who is passionate about providing a quality finish.
JRS offer their clients a wide range of services, which include Abrasive Blasting, Protective Coatings, Spray Painting and Corrosion Prevention. JRS also offer, Detailed Electronic Coating Inspection Reports, Coating Specification Design or we can apply Coatings as per Project specifications.
What the role is:
- all wet spray applications (2 Pac)
- paints and sandblasts heavy equipment using spray gun and sandblasting equipment
- able to maintain and use Painting Equipment (Pressure Pot Guns)
- able to carry out Prime Coat Systems to AS3884
- able to carry out Top Coat Systems to meet Quality Inspection
- able to handle painted items without damage to surfaces
- able to carry out Quality Testing to AS3894 and ISO9002
- housekeeping of Painting Equipment and area at completion of each day
- complete pre-start checks of all equipment
- audit painting Consumables and Material & advise Supervisor to procure accordingly
- selects paint according to company/client colour scheme and specifications
This role requires an enthusiastic self-starter who is adaptable and works well within a dynamic environment and is comfortable assisting with all tasks as required. The successful candidate will be able to work independently, make decisions and display a willingness to continually learn & improve.
Skills & Experience we are looking for:
- automotive/industrial paint experience of ideally 2 years at a minimum (Desirable)
- trade qualifications in wet spray applications or equivalent (Desirable)
- understanding of and commitment to Health & Safety
- attention to detail (Essential)
- willing to be multi-skilled & perform labouring duties as well as sandblasting / painting
- Forklift licence (Desirable)
The position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis following the completion of a one week paid trial and the successful completion of a pre-employment medical assessment.
Remuneration of $28 to $30 per hour plus superannuation will be paid. Overtime penalty rates are also paid. Hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful candidate and will take into account experience and qualifications.
An immediate start is available so apply today