Bus Drivers – Urban & School – Toowoomba
Our client is a well-established, family owned company and we are looking for Urban and school drivers for casual and full time roles.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with the responsibilities entrusted to you within the parameters of your Drivers Authorisation; General and Scheduled class, the Chain of Responsibility, Work Health and Safety Act and Basic Fatigue Management outlined by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
- Obey Queensland Road Rules and maintain your knowledge of Queensland Road Rules
- Maintain on time performance and punctuality
- Demonstrate accountability for cash handling, receipting and manifest requirements
- Maintain your presentation, uniform standards and appearance expected of a professional driver
To be successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Competent, safe and considerate heavy vehicle driving skills
- That you have not accumulated more than 4 points on your licence in the past 3 years (you will need to provide a current 5 year driving history from the Dept of Transport & Main Roads)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Weigh less than 120kg
- Be confident in delivering the highest standard of customer service
- Have an outstanding focus on safety, including a commitment to your own fitness for duty
- Successfully use a Ticket Machine, Cash Management skills, understanding of Manifests, reporting of Defects and completion of Day End Procedures
- Flexibility to work a variety of different shifts
- Demonstrated practical experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Personable attitude with a genuine willingness to work with others
- Excellent personal presentation
To be considered for these positions you will need as a minimum, a MR licence with the ability to drive both manual and automatic coaches as well as a Driver’s Authority.
Our client values their people, safety and the environment. They pride themselves on providing quality customer service to passengers and a positive workplace for all employees.
If you believe your skills and experience match our requirements, please contact Joy at Classic Recruitment on 07 4638 3599.
ONLINE APPLICATION ONLY – to register your interest in this opportunity, please apply via the link below and don’t forget to include your cover letter of application.
Remember, all documentation should be provided with your resume when you register!