Our Toowoomba based client is a well-established, family-owned company and they are looking for urban and school bus drivers to fill casual and full-time roles. They place a high value on their people, safety and the environment, and pride themselves on providing quality customer service to passengers and a positive workplace for all employees.
We are seeking motivated and reliable candidates with:
- Ensuring compliance with the responsibilities entrusted to you within the parameters of your Drivers Authorisation; General and Scheduled class, the Chain of Responsibility, Work Health and Safety Act and Basic Fatigue Management outlined by the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator.
- Obeying Queensland road rules and maintaining your knowledge of them.
- Maintaining on-time performance and punctuality.
- Demonstrating accountability for cash handling, receipting and manifest requirements.
- Maintaining your presentation, uniform standards and appearance expected of a professional driver.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate:
- Competent, safe and considerate heavy vehicle driving skills.
- That you have not accumulated more than four points on your licence in the past three years (you will need to provide a current five-year driving history from the Dept of Transport & Main Roads).
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Weigh less than 120kg.
- Be confident in delivering the highest standard of customer service.
- Have an outstanding focus on safety, including a commitment to your fitness for duty.
- Successfully use a ticket machine, cash management skills, understanding of manifests, reporting of defects and completion of day end procedures.
- Flexibility to work a variety of different shifts.
- Demonstrated practical experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personable attitude with a genuine willingness to work with others.
- Excellent personal presentation.
Minimum requirements for this role include a MR licence with the ability to drive both manual and automatic coaches as well as a Driver’s Authority.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume below with a cover letter and copies of the required licences or email [email protected]
For a confidential discussion, please call Joy on (07) 4638 3599.